Pulse Wave Velocity (PWV)
Pulse Wave is a physiological phenomenon, observable and measurable in the arterial system during blood circulation. We can observe the changes in pressure, blood flow, velocity and profile throughout the whole pulse wave. It can be used for classifying arterial elasticity.
Knowing the condition of the large, small and peripheral arteries is key to the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cardiovascular related illness. In particular, the stiffness and augmentation of the major arteries is a strong indication of potential health problems including heart attacks, heart failure, sclerosis, and renal complications.
Age and systolic pressure strongly correlate with PWV. In fact, the most important factor contributing to increase in PWV is age because of increased arterial stiffness caused by medial calcification and loss of elasticity. The measurement of Pulse Wave Velocity is useful in the study of the effects of aging, vascular diseases, and vaso-dilating/vaso-constricting agents on arteries.
Pulse Wave Velocity measurement is a convenient method of quantifying arterial stiffness and augmentation. PWV provides invaluable insight into cardiovascular health, management of disease progression and monitoring the effects of medication, treatments, lifestyle and dietary habits. Arterial stiffness indexes (EEI, DDI and DEI) can additionally suggest to healthcare professionals to begin appropriate treatment long before the symptoms or clinical signs appear.
QHRV Features and Benefits
- Reports overall health level (combination analysis of all tests)
- The easy to understand report was developed and written by Dr. Steven Helschien, an expert in this field.
- Backed by 30 years of documented medical studies
- Cumulative Stress Assessment, Physical Stress, Mental Stress (which are the strongest indicators of potential for serious illness development)
- Full compliance to the standards of HRV professional analysis
- Shows Functional Age
- Normative database included based on more than 50,000 assessments
- HRV data comparison to the population norms
- Automatically evaluates quality of data recorded to ensure accuracy of results
- Automatic artifact detection and visual data editing.
- Easily applicable in the course of general and periodical medical check-ups.
- Support languages in English, Spanish, Italian, German, Chinese, and Japanese
- The Level 1 Diagnostics QHRV 1.0 device is FDA cleared and meets all USA and EU medical safety standards.
- Real time analysis – while connected to a PC, the data transfers directly and in real time to the computer for instant evaluation and analysis.
- The software and analyses are intuitive, easy-to-use and designed for success. Simple hardware and standard computer requirements ensure Level 1 Diagnostics QHRV 1.0 transitions seamlessly into virtually any practice.